We Are Still in the Middle of Frozen Pipe Season in Ocean County
Just because we have been enjoying some warmer days in February and March does not mean that we are in the clear for freezing temperatures. March and April usually brings us a snow storm or two along with freezing temperatures.
Here are a few tips to prevent frozen pipes in Manchester:
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. Be sure to move any harmful cleaners and household chemicals up out of the reach of children.
- When the weather is very cold outside, let the cold water drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe - even at a trickle - helps prevent pipes from freezing.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night. By temporarily suspending the use of lower nighttime temperatures, you may incur a higher heating bill, but you can prevent a much more costly repair job if pipes freeze and burst.
- If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55° F.
In the unfortunate event your Ocean County home or business does experience a frozen pipe, SERVPRO of Jackson, Lacey is standing by with highly trained technicians to help you during your water damage emergency.